American Airlines / Manager - Alliances and Partnerships Finance
- Worked with JAL counterparts and internal/external auditors to implement the Revenue Share Agreement and project transfer payments for Pacific Joint Business.
- Supported the development of new Joint Business partners and negotiation of new concepts or unresolved matters into the Revenue Share Agreement.
- Analyzed the route profitability as a result of the revenue share.
American Airlines / Sr. Financial Analyst
- Benchmarked American Airlines’ revenue and cost gaps to the industry and provided insights on industry trends and competitive environment to senior management.
- Managed and tracked cost savings for Agents, Representatives, and Planners group and Management and Support Staff group throughout the bankruptcy process.
- Managed labor cost analysis during merger discussions between US Airways and American Airlines.
- Performed ad-hoc analysis for senior management on wide-ranging issues that touch multiple departments across AMR and prepared materials for the board of director presentations.
- Served as the budget liaison between Finance and Eagle.
American Airlines / Sr. Strategy Analyst
- Lead a team of two analysts and designed yield management strategies for flights to and from AMR’s DFW hub. Created yield and pricing strategies in response to low cost carrier competition in several important markets including Dallas to San Francisco and Los Angeles.
- Developed a performance monitoring report incorporating booked load factor, yield, fare class closings, and revenue, which was utilized by the entire domestic revenue management department.
American Airlines / Strategy Analyst
- Restructured pricing for AMR’s merchandising product, “Boarding and Flexibility Package” to best attract customers of different tiers and improved take rates and revenue. Collaborated with counterparts from multiple departments as the project lead from the revenue management department.
- Optimized yield management of the government traffic by (re)allocating the inventory class that best matched the fare.
- Studied fare-increase opportunities for government contract markets where AA provided superior service over other carriers
TaxEase / Director of Strategy and Marketing
- Supervised the launch of loan modification and debt settlement subsidiary business; explored potential joint venture and acquisition opportunities as well as constructing the operation organically.
- Managed talent acquisition and guided business decisions via financial modeling.
- Pursued opportunities to cross-sell to existing customer base; forecasted market size based on the unemployment rate, housing price variance and other macro-economic factors in order to determine the states most suitable for expansion.
- Managed a monthly budget of $10,000 for corporate website development, SEO and pay-per-click marketing; determined the best use of the resources based on the forecast and ROI.
- Generated business leads via direct marketing campaign; lead campaign manager in developing direct mail contents, proofreading, delivery, and vender management.
- Defined and segmented target customers based on demographics and degree of financial hardship: tailored direct marketing campaign increased the campaign effectiveness.
- Increased the profit margin by 6% through product mix optimization; evaluated the profitability of residential vs. commercial loans and allocated an ideal share of operational resources.
- Executed proactive outreach to prospective customers and partners; generated awareness and interests in the company’s offerings.
IBM / Marketing Strategy Intern
- Increased customer retention by formulating marketing initiatives that addressed customers’ industry-wide business challenges and IT issues after analyzing customers’ mainframe data usage, revenue, and dropout rates.
- Participated in new platform marketing including an web 2.0 and the virtual world community, Second Life.
/ Marketing Associate
- Led corporate-wide, cross-functional team of 20 brand stakeholders including C-level executives to determine strategic and tactical initiatives for company re-branding.
- Managed a corporate sales intranet from conceptualization to implementation; integrated a corporate sales strategy into an online sales tool which contributed to an increase in sales revenue.
Midnite Oil Creative, LLC / Graphic Designer
- Graphic design firm that serviced retail food services firms and local sports teams: Little Caesars, Detroit Tigers.
- Director of Programs - National Association of Women MBAs (NAWMBA) Dallas Chapter
- U.S. Permanent Resident
- Fluent in Korean
- Swimmer - Korea National Speedo Championship Gold Medal
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Certified
- Scuba Diving
- Food and Wine